Scrumptious Sausage Stew
- 12 Chicken Sausages (I use HECK sausages)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 White Onion, roughly chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 large Sweet Pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 Celery Sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 Tin of chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Generous tbsp Tomato Puree
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- A small handful of dried Porcini Mushrooms, let them soak for 10 mins in the chicken stock before adding to the rest of the ingredients
- Grill your sausages until brown and take off the heat.
- Whilst your sausages are cooking, add a tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a casserole pot or wok on a medium heat for a minute until hot and then add a tip of Fennel Seeds
- Boil your kettle and pour 300ml of water into a measuring jug, add your porcini mushroom and your chicken stock. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- After a minute or two add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, sweet pepper, celery sticks and cook until soft – a approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree to your pot, mix in well and cook for a further minute.
- Add your chicken stock and mushrooms and bring to the boil and then turn down the heat and simmer.
- Now add your grilled sausages to the pot and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Pink bowl from Ekobo