Homemade Turkey Meatballs
These homemade Turkey Meatballs taste unreal. They are a firm family favourite and super easy to make.
For the sauce
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 tbsp garlic oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 x 400g cans chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp sugar
For the meatballs
- 450g turkey mince
- 1 free-range egg
- breadcrumbs of one slice of bread
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Warm the garlic oil in a wok or saucepan.
- Finely chop the onions and gently fry until translucent. Then add the thyme & basil and cook for a another minute.
- Add the cans of tomatoes, tomato puree and sugar. Cook on a high heat for a minute and then turn down to lightly simmer.
- Whilst your sauce is cooking, its time to make the meat balls.
- Put the soft part of the bread into a blender (minus the crusts) to make your breadcrumbs
- Add all your Meatball ingredient into a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands
- Turn off the sauce.
- Roll the meatball mixture into little balls – you should be able to make atleast twenty balls.
- Put each of the balls into your sauce and turn on a meduim heat. Turn over until each side has turned white.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook your pasta 10 minutes before serving
- Serve with a leaf of fresh basil and crushed pepper to taste.