Looking for a sweet treat to take the edge off a sugar craving? Then give these Chocolate, Almond and Beetroot Bites a go.
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 175g Plain (Almond Flour/coconut flour/spelt) Flour (gluten free)
- pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200g honey
- 3 eggs
- 3 Raw Beetroots, grated
- 100g Almonds (save 25g for the icing)
- 25g Almonds
- 100g Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 175oC.
- Grease the square cake tin with Unsalted butter.
- Mix together the plain flour, himalayan pink salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa powder.
- Mix in the vanilla essence & honey. Mix well and then add the eggs, beating in while mixing.
- Add the grated Beetroot and Almonds to the mixture.
- Once a running consistent mixture, pour into your greased tin.
- Put into the oven for 45 minutes
- Once cooked, removed from making tin and let cool
- To make the icing – Put the almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and milk to a blender for a few seconds until you have gooey mixture
- Spread the icing on top of your cake and decorate with the remaining almonds
- Cut into bite size pieces
- Storage in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.