It’s week 39 of my pregnancy and its soooo hot in London Town. My feet are swollen and body seems to have expanded beyond my wildest nightmares. It’s time to bounce this baby out!
Before I wrote this blog, I thought I’d ask my lovely Twitter followers if they had any labour inducing secrets they would like to share with me..so far I have the following;
- Drink Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Bounce on Yoga/Swiss ball
- Eat hot curries
- Long walks
- Climb in hard to reach places at a soft play centre. Not sure I’d recommend this unless there is a doctor in the house.
Here are a few others that I have discovered/made up/road tested/advice from friends & family/Too scare to try but have been told it worked for them;
- Eat Pineapple
- Massage Clary Sage & Olive Oil into your bump & feet
- Long walks whilst you wear a Tena Lady. If the head is engaging then it will be putting pressure on your bladder, so wise to take extra precautions.
- Nipple tweaking
- Sex/orgasms-what ever is physically possible. I’m definitely going to give this a miss.
- Biniki wax
- Acupuncture. I use this with my first pregnancy and I cannot recommend it enough.
- Climbing the stairs
- Newborn baby cries
- Cat cries
- Visit all your friends who have newborns. Apparently your Mummy hormones kick into action
- Sleep & more sleep
- Watch an emotional movie.
- Kissing – yuk!
- Driving over speed bumps or a bumpy car ride
- Blowing soap suds with great forces off my toddlers face. I felt a twinge but not in a good way so perhaps avoid this.
- Castor Oil but I have been told to avoid it at all costs. Especially if you have a tummy or bowel condition
- Pregnancy massage
- Do nothing and they would come when you least expect it.
I am going to attempt to try some of these and will let you know if it has an affect. Watch this space & wish me luck!